5 Tips On How To Use A Header Tag For SEO
Although a header tag doesn’t have a huge effect on site rankings like it used to be, it still serves an important function for your SEO and users. can help turn your content to be more interesting and easier to read, which can then impact your rankings indirectly. To know how to effectively use these tags, here are the top practices that you should follow.
- Utilise them to break up text – If you want your content to perform well, ensure that it’s readable. Know that scannability is highly crucial to make your readers stay and read the entire article.
- Optimise them for featured snippets – You can do this by either optimising the tags for a long tail voice search keyword or utilising smaller headings to highlight various list items.
- Utilise one H1 – While Google said you could use multiple H1s, it’s not recommended to do it on one page. Using several H1s on a web page may appear a bit out of control.
- They must give context and structure for your content – The tags should be able to provide the target readers with a clear idea about the article.
- Use keywords – Adding keywords in your header tag is also recommended. However, make sure not to make it look spammy. Make sure that the keywords are included naturally and that the page is still easy to read.
Information used in this SEO UK blog came from https://www.searchenginejournal.com/on-page-seo/header-tags/. Go to this link for further details.
Know how you can effectively boost the rankings of your business website by hiring the best SEO companies. Find out how our services can help you by heading over to Position1SEO.